A pedicure makes your feet look and feel
their very best. With that in mind, how do you keep calluses off your
heels and polish on your toes weeks after you’ve visited a spa? It’s
not easy but it’s possible.
Here are some tips that keep pedicures looking fresh for weeks:
- Bring your own polish. It’s easier to do touch ups
at home when you have your preferred color on hand. Make sure the
bottle is brand new, however, as heat makes polish thick and hard to
- Take your time leaving the beauty salon or spa. If
possible, invest in a two services instead of one. It takes a long
time for nail polish to harden completely so having a manicure done
after your pedicure makes sense.
- Avoid heat while your nails dry. Avoid showers,
hot tubs, and swimming pools until your lacquer has time to set. As
much as you want to debut your new pedicure, wait and enjoy your painted
- Scrub your feet with a pumice stone in the shower. Make sure to pay special attention to your soles and heels. They need the most TLC.
- A foot scraper works wonders in removing calluses. Have one on hand in case you need it. It removes thick skin with ease.
- Use an exfoliating moisturizer to keep feet feeling silky smooth. Look for products with salicylic acid. It’s good for removing the cracks that appear on your heels where dead skin gathers.
- Apply oil to your cuticles. Do this at least twice a day to maintain a healthy glow. It’s one area of the feet that many people neglect.
- Slip your feet into a pair of fuzzy socks before bed. Look for the kind that moisturize. You’ll be grateful for the extra help maintaining your pedicure.
Look great long after you’ve leapt off the pedicure chair and into a
pair of flip flops. Follow the tips listed above and keep your toenails
chip-free and sandal-ready this summer. A pedicure truly is a treat
for your feet!
If you have any questions about nail salon furniture or want to know more about pedicure products, you’re free to contact us at Pedi Source.
Just give us a call at 1855 429 PEDI. You can also email one of these
two email address with your questions and contact details:
[email protected] and [email protected].